Friday, August 14, 2009

An Early Birthday Celebration

Aunt Ivy (my younger sister) headed to college this week! Ellie's birthday is just around the corner so Ellie invited her over for an Early Birthday Sleepover! We made princess cupcakes to celebrate.


Ellie helped "read the gredients" and tell me how to make the cupcakes. She even cracked the eggs...with only one ending up on the floor. :-)


Ivy gave Ellie a Princess package with folders, a spiral notebook (which Ellie calls her Princess Bible Study Book), pencils, a pencil sharpener and "wallet" (aka pencil holder). Ellie loves it! Thanks Ivy!

Ivy helped us decorate the cupcakes. Ellie thought they were beautiful! (I love the big open-mouth pictures! Ellie tries to be like Ivy in every way...including big smiles in pictures.)


Bedtime...Ivy read Bible stories to Ellie. Ellie loved it! She is going to miss Ivy SO MUCH!



Esther slept through the birthday celebration so she got to see Ivy the next morning.
I can't believe how fast she is growing. As Ellie says, "She isn't as big as me yet, Mom, and I am not as huge as you yet." :-)


4 comments:

The Sieberts said...

wow! who painted that mural on Ellie's wall??

Allen and Debby Graber said...

That is just what I was going to ask. I remember Ellie telling me she had a princess room. Who did that? Wowee!

Rachel said...

well I was going to ask who did the mural too, but they beat me to it! That it so cool! Ellie Renee would absolutely LOVE that! She's into everything princess now for the last couple of months. Maybe we need to have a princess marathon sleepover or something!

Tyler and Gillian said...

Can't believe Ivy is in college! Your girls are adorable, Olivia :)